Website terms and conditions
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using this website. Additionally, you can view our insurance policy documents here.
Terms of website use
Information about us
Hiccup is a trading name of Connected World Services Distribution Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under the number 01847868 with registered office located at 1 Portal Way , London W36RS, VAT number [Insert] which is a group company of Dixons Carphone plc ("Us/Our/We/Hiccup") https://www.hiccup.co.uk is a site operated by Hiccup.
Please read all the sections below to understand the risks involved in communicating and transmitting sensitive information by e-mail. Please note that internet email is not a 100% secure communications medium. In the interests of preserving confidentiality in your personal details, We strongly advise that You take this into consideration before You send Us any information by email. By proceeding, You agree that You will send Us information by email at Your own risk. Messages sent by email may not be secure and may be intercepted by third parties. If You disregard this warning and choose to send Us confidential information, You agree that You do so at Your own risk and that You will not hold Us responsible for any loss that You suffer as a result. The e-mail address You provide to Us is where We will send Our response. If You have chosen to discuss your personal account details via E-mail We will try to respond to You in this way. We cannot guarantee the security of Your personal information by this communications medium.
- Use of the website
We will provide you with access to the Website in accordance with these Conditions.
- agree not to use the Website (or any part thereof) for any illegal purpose and agree to use it in accordance with all relevant laws;
- agree not to upload or transmit through the Website without limitation, any computer viruses, macro viruses, trojan horses, worms or anything else designed to interfere with, interrupt or disrupt the normal operating procedures of a computer;
- will not upload or transmit through the Website any material which is defamatory, offensive, or of an obscene or menacing character, or that may cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- will not use the Website in a way that may cause the Website to be interrupted, damaged, rendered less efficient or such that the effectiveness or functionality of the Website is in any way impaired;
- will not use the Website in any manner which violates or infringes the rights of any person, firm or company or the rights thereof (including, but not limited to, rights of intellectual property, rights of confidentiality or rights of privacy);
- will not attempt any unauthorised access to any part or component of the Website;
- agree that in the event that You have any right, claim or action against any other User arising out of that User's use of the Website, then You will pursue such right, claim or action independently of, and without recourse to Us; and
- will not impersonate any other person or entity or to use a false name or a name that you are not authorised to use.
You agree to be fully responsible for all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including legal fees on a full indemnity cost basis, suffered by Us and arising out of any breach of the Conditions by You or any other liabilities arising out of Your use of the Website.
- We reserve the right to:
- modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, the Website (or any part thereof) with or without notice to You and You confirm that we shall not be liable to You or any third party for any modification to or withdrawal of the Website; and/or
- change these Conditions from time to time, and Your continued use of the Website (or any part thereof) following such change shall be deemed to be Your acceptance of such change. It is Your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the Conditions have been changed. If You do not agree to any change to the Conditions then You must immediately stop using the Website.
- We will use Our reasonable endeavours to maintain the Website. The Website is subject to change from time to time. You will not be eligible for any compensation because You cannot use any part of the Website or because of a failure, suspension or withdrawal of all or part of the Website.
- We reserve the right to withdraw at any time and/or remove, screen or edit any materials or content on the Website and We will not be liable to You or any third party for such withdrawal/removal.
Third Party Links
In an attempt to provide increased value to the Website users, We may provide links to other websites or resources. You acknowledge and agree that We are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and do not endorse and are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for the privacy practices or the content of such websites, including (without limitation) any advertising, goods or other materials or services on or available from such websites or resources, nor for any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on such external sites or resources.
We have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor any activity and content associated with the Website. We may investigate any reported violation of these Conditions or complaints and take any action that We deem appropriate (which may include, but is not limited to, issuing warnings, suspending or terminating service, denying access and/or removing any materials from the Website).
- Intellectual Property and Right to Use
- You acknowledge and agree that all copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in all material or content supplied as part of the Website shall remain at all times vested in Us or Our licensors. You are permitted to use this material only as expressly authorised by Us or Our licensors.
- You acknowledge and agree that the material and content contained within the Website is made available for Your personal non-commercial use only and that You may download such material and content onto only one computer hard drive for such purpose. You may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on the Website. Any other use of the material and content of the Website is strictly prohibited. You agree not to (and agree not to assist or facilitate any third party to) copy, reproduce, transmit, publish, display, distribute, commercially exploit or create derivative works of such material and content.
- Hiccup gives no authority (whether implied or express) to deep link to or frame any of the content which appears on our Website or to use a representation of the company's trademarks as a link button without the express agreement of Hiccup.
- You may send us notices under or in connection with these Conditions:
- by post to Group Legal Department, Dixons Carphone plc, 1 Portal Way , London W3 6RS
- by fax to Group Legal Department on 020-8753-8031
- As proof of sending does not guarantee Our receipt of Your notice, You must ensure that You have received an acknowledgement from Us which should be retained by You
Compliance with laws
The Website may be used only for lawful purposes and in a lawful manner. You agree to comply with all applicable laws, statutes and regulations regarding the Website.
- 10. Limitation of Liability
- While We will use reasonable endeavours to verify the accuracy of any information We place on the Website, We make no warranties, whether express or implied in relation to its accuracy.
- We make no warranty that the Website will meet Your requirements or will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy or reliability of the materials. We will not be responsible or liable to you for any loss of content or material uploaded or transmitted through the Website.
- The fact that information, products or services are shown on this site does not necessarily mean that:
- you should rely on the information (whether provided by us or third parties);
- we endorse the information, products or services provided by third parties; or
- the product and services that we provide are suitable for you. It is your responsibility to check this out. Some of the services on this site may not be available or may have changed.
- We therefore exclude all liability of any kind (including but not limited to defamation, breach of confidence, intellectual property right infringements, invasion of privacy and negligence) for the transmission or reception of such information of whatever nature to You.
- You acknowledge that We cannot guarantee and therefore shall not be in any way responsible for the security or privacy of the Website and any information provided to or taken from the Website by You.
- We will not be liable, in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence), pre-contract or other representations (other than fraudulent or negligent misrepresentations) or otherwise arising out of or in connection with these Conditions for:
- any economic losses (including without limitation loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings); or
- any loss of goodwill or reputation.
- Nothing in the Conditions shall exclude or limit Our liability for death or personal injury resulting from Our negligence or that of Our servants, agents or employees or any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by English law.
- We are not in any way responsible for anything mentioned on or linked to this site that someone else is marketing.
If any part of the Conditions shall be deemed unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed to be severable from these Conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any of the remaining provisions of the Conditions.
No waiver by Us shall be construed as a waiver of any preceding or succeeding breach of any provision.
Each provision of these Conditions shall be construed as separately applying and surviving even if for any reason one or other of those provisions is held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances.
The Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.